Saturday, August 22, 2015

Berkshire Choreography Project collaboration

This has been a new angle on writing poetry for me! For the last two weeks, I've been working with choreographers and dancers in a collaborative project. One of the choreographers has developed dance inspired by my poems, while I've written new poems for four others inspired by their dances - or, more precisely, created as partners for their dances. Two of them wanted poems that would be read before their dances, as introductions and mood-setters; two wanted me to read a poem afterwards, as conclusions and/or "translations." A fascinating kind of commissioned work - writing to others' obsessions, as it were, and finding their intersection with my own....

The project concludes with two informal showings/readings, Friday 8/21 and Saturday 8/22, at 7:30 PM at the Berkshire Music School, Wendell Avenue, Pittsfield MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment